Saturday, June 11, 2011

pepe picks me up!

10 Junio 2011

Pepe met me at the airport and we walked outside to his beat-up BMW. We asked some guy take a photo of us together then we headed off around town and to his university so that he could drop off his LAST papers.

me: “How many more apples do we have left?”
pepe: “What?”
me: “You know, manzanas?” (FYI: manzanas in spanish = apples or blocks in a neighborhood)
pepe: (laughs) “Oh one more.”

(And now you know why “The Big Apple” is called so.)


Pepe flashes his engineering thesis...on machines that make little plastic bags.

It's like Pepe and I picked up where we left off from the highscool cafeteria where I would ask him what this word in Spanish means and why it means that...He was my first impression of Latin America and learning a language is ten times as fun with you’re completely ridiculous.

After dropping off my stuff at his family's house we took the teleférico up the mountain to visit Jesus.





Cristo de la Concordia

I must sleep now.


p.s. I will probably only be posting the outtake photos on here as I have flickr and facebook for the more generically delightful memories / (you get to see the real deal!)

1 comment:

  1. Love it girl!!! Keep up the good work and funny posts!!! And I really, really think that you should try to give every post, a title that ends with an exclamation point. I mean, at least try. So proud of you girl!

    ReplyDelete